Our team of professionals bring you nearly 100 years of combined experience in a variety of physical therapy disciplines. Each member of our team utilizes the latest treatment techniques in order to bring you the highest quality of care.
PT, DPT, GCFP, CMT
Focus On Health’s owner and primary therapist, Kim Lawler-Coyle, PT, DPT, GCFP, CMT has been effectively treating patients for 38 years. In our area, she’s established herself as a recognized leader in integrative physical therapy and rehabilitation. Kim provides a beneficial blend of clinical knowledge matched with years of experience, human understanding and a heightened sense of intuition. Her unique style is reflected not only in the comfort she provides, but also in her results-oriented therapy sessions. Her primary goal is to discover the source of your challenging situation and set up a treatment plan to help facilitate your healing process.
- Licensed Physical Therapist since January 1982
- Specializing in TMJ Therapy since 1984
- B.S., Physical Therapy, Loma Linda University – 1981
- Member, American Physical Therapy Association – 1981 – present
- Member, Association for Treatment and Training in the Attachment of Children – 2003 – present
- Instructor & Faculty Member; USC Dental School, TMJ Department under the direction of Terry Tanaka, DDS – 1991-1996
- Instructor – Soft-Tissue Techniques, Physical Therapy Masters Program, Loma Linda University – 1993-1997
- Guest Lecturer at various Universities including USC, Loma Linda University, Cal State Long Beach, Chapman University, Upledger Institute and Western Institute of Neuromuscular Therapy
- Since 1986, Kim studied for decades directly under John Upledger, DO, developer of CranioSacral Therapy
- Teaching Assistant for decades, Upledger Institute – numerous courses
- Since 1986, Kim has studied for decades directly under John Barnes, PT, developer of Myofascial Release
- Senior Instructor, John Barnes’ Myofascial Release seminars
- Since 1989, Kim has studied for decades directly under Jean Pierre Barral, DO, PT, the developer of Visceral Manipulation
- Kim completed her Doctorate Degree which is one of the many things that she has done to gain more knowledge to help others in her career.
- Kim continues to study every year and has always been generous in sharing her knowledge with our staff and patients.
- Kim is nearing completion of her “Long Awaited Book” which is planned for release in 2020 with her Publisher. The Book will help both Therapist and Patient to improve their quality of life.
Our Extraordinary Therapists
Kim Lawler-Coyle, PT, DPT
Mary Ruth Velicki, PT, DPT
Cheryl Nalevka, MPT
Lyndsay DeFilippo, PT, DPT
Michelle Scotto, CMT
Anne Sotelo, CMT
We rely on our specialized and skilled team to facilitate your healing process. Each of our friendly staff members use the latest training from a variety of disciplines to provide advanced multi-faceted care. They’ll listen to your needs and concerns and will help create a custom treatment plan that’s right for you. And, if needed, they’ll work in conjunction with a variety of Naturopathic Doctors, Physicians, Dentists, Psychologists, Acupuncturist’s and other professionals to create the most comprehensive and effective plan toward your long-term health and recovery.